All of my research lies in the area of theoretical condensed-matter physics and nonlinear and quantum optics. This work ranges from pure to applied physics and often involves collaboration with experimentalists. The following is a brief overview of some of my current research interests:
- Quantum optics and cavity QED in photonic crystals
- Nonlinear quantum optics in coupled photonic crystal cavities
- The coherent dynamics and coherent control of excitons excited by ultra-short optical pulses in semiconductor nanostructures
- The response of semiconductor nanorods and coupled quantum dots to intense THz fields
- The nonlinear response of graphene to intense THz fields.
- Treating Phase-Space filling and exchange effects using an excitonic approach to ultrafast carrier dynamics in semiconductor nanostructures