ASTR 101: Astronomy I: The Solar System
Queen's University, Fall Term 2016
Prof. Dave Hanes
An important reminder:
I do not maintain my course notes and other elements on Moodle or OnQ, so don't look for them there. You will need to follow the links provided below.
Here are quick links to:
- The syllabus, describing Twelve Great Astronomical Themes (an overview
of the planned topical coverage in the course)
- The PowerPoints, Course Notes, and suggested readings, theme by theme and topic by topic
- The full Course Outline -- essential reading! This contains
complete information on and links to:
- the course content, in general terms
- a more detailed syllabus
- the style and philosophy of this course
- the marking scheme (quizzes, tests, assignments, final exam)
- textbooks and other resources
- my office hours
- contact information for the Teaching Assistant in the course
- and so on...
- Instructions for getting onto the publisher's Mastering Astronomy website, with options as to whether you want to do this completely electronically or through the purchase of an actual paper text (bound, or loose-leaf) at the bookstore.