Teaching - related publications
- "From Experiments to Experimentation; A New Philosophy for
First Year Laboratories", Anne K. Topper, Lynann Clapham, Physics Department, Queens' University, Kingston,
Research - related publications
- Vijay Babbar and Lynann Clapham "Finite Element Modeling of Magnetic
Flux Leakage Signals from Mechanical Damage Containing Corrosion Pits", CP1006, Review of Quantitaive Nondestructive
Evaluation Vol. 28, edited by D.O. Thompson and D.E. Chimenti.
- S. White, T. Krause, and L. Clapham "Quantative Analysis of
Surface Barkhausen Noise Measurements", CP975, Review of Quantative Nondestructive Evaluation Vol. 27, ed. by
D.O. Thompson and D. Chimenti, 2008 American Institute of Physics 978-0-7354-0494-6/08.
- Steven White, Thomas Krause and Lynann Clapham, "Control of flux
in magnetic circuits for Barkhausen noise measurements", Measurement Science and Technology, 18 (2007),
- A. Montgomery, P. Wild, and L. Clapham, "Factors Affecting Magnetic
Flux Leakage Inspection of Tailor-Welded Blanks", Research in Nondestructive Evaluation, Volume 17, Number 2
(April-June 2006), pp. 85-99.
- Roxana Hutanu, Lynann Clapham, R.B. Rogge, "Intergranular strain
and texture in steel Luders bands", Acta Materialia, Vol. 53, 2005, pp. 3517-3524.
- Vijay Babbar, James Byrne, Lynann Clapham, "Mechanical damage
detection using magnetic flux leakage tools: modeling the effect of dent geometry and stresses", NDT&E
International 38 (2005) 471-477.
- C. Mandache, B. Shiari and L. Clapham, "Defect separation
considerations in magnetic flux leakage inspection", Insight, Vol 47, No 5, May 2005.
- L. Clapham, K. Abdullah, J.J. Jeswiet, P.M. Wild, R. Rogge,
"Neutron diffraction residual stress mapping in same gauge and differential gauge tailor-welded blanks",
Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 148 (2004) 177-185.
- Vijay Babbar, Behrouz Shiari, and Lynann Clapham, "Mechanical
Damage Detection With Magnetic Flux Leakage Tools: Modeling the Effect of Localized Residual Stresses",
IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 40, No.1, January 2004, 43-49.
- Vijay Babbar and Lynann Clapham, "Residual Magnetic Flux
Leakage: A Possible Tool for Studying Pipeline Defects", Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, Vol. 22,
No.4, December 2003 117-125.
- Catalin Mandache and Lynann Clapham, 2003, "A model for
magnetic flux leakage signal predictions", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 36 (2003) 2427-2431.
- A. Dhar, D.L. Atherton and L. Clapham, 2002, "Influence of
Lüders bands on magnetic Barkhausen noise and magnetic flux leakage signals", J. Materials Science, 37,
- S. O'Connor, L. Clapham and P. Wild, 2002, "Magnetic Flux
Leakage Inspection of Tailor Welded Blanks", Journal of Measurement Science and Technology, 13, 157-162.
- A Plotnikov and L. Clapham, 2002, "Stress effects and magnetic
NDE methods for pipeline inspection", Insight - Non-destructive Testing and Condition Monitoring, 44,
- R. Sabet-Sharghi, L. Clapham, D.L. Atherton, and T.M. Holden, 2000,
"The Effect of Defect Introduction vs Load Application Sequencing on Defect-Induced Stress Distributions in Steel
Samples", Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation International, 33, 201-212.
- L. Clapham, S. White, J. Lee and D.L. Atherton, "Magnetic Easy Axis
Development in Steel - the Influence of Manufacturing", Journal of Applied Physics - communications, August 2000.
- C.-G. Stefanita, L. Clapham and D.L. Atherton, "Plastic vs Elastic
Stress effects on Magnetic Barkhausen Noise" 2000, Acta Materialia, 48, 3545-3551.
- L. Clapham, C. Heald, T. Krause, and D.L. Atherton, 1999, "The Origin
of a Magnetic Easy Axis in Pipeline Steels", J. Applied Physics, 86, 1574-1580.
- "A neutron diffraction study of local stress concentrations
surrounding defects in pipeline steel", L. Clapham, R. Sabet-Sharghi, T. Holden, and D.L. Atherton, Physica
B, 1998, 241-243, 1240-1243.
- "Machining of simulated defects in pipeline steels: a neutron
diffraction study of local stress effects", L. Clapham, T.W. Krause, R. Sabet-Sharghi, D. Micke, D.L. Atherton,
R.B. Rogge, and T.M. Holden, J. Strain Analysis for Engineering Design, Vol. 32 No. 5, 1997, pp. 325-334.
- "Factors Affecting Stress Concentrations Near Pit Defects, as Monitored
by Magnetic Flux Leakage, Magnetic Barkhausen Noise, and Neutron Diffraction", L. Clapham, K. Mandal,
T.W. Krause, and D.L. Atherton, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, 1997, 16,
- "Characterization of texture and residual stress in a section of 610
mm pipeline steel", L. Clapham, T.W. Krause, H. Olsen, B. Ma, D.L. Atherton, P. Clark, and T. Holden, NDT&E
International, 28, 1995, pp. 73-82
- "The influence of controlled rolling on the pulse height distribution
of magnetic Barkhausen noise in steel", L. Clapham, C. Jagadish, D.L. Atherton and D. Boyd, Materials Science
and Engineering, A145, 1991, pp. 233-241.
- "The influence of pearlite on Barkhausen noise generation in plain
carbon steels", L. Clapham, C. Jagidish, and D.L. Atherton, Acta metall. mater. 39, 1991, pp. 1555-1562.
Conference proceedings- related publications
- "Mechanical damage detection using magnetic flux leakage tools:
modeling the effect of dent geometry and stresses", Vijay Babbar, James Byrne, Lynann Clapham, International
Pipeline Conference, Calgary, Alberta, Oct 2004.
- "A Correlation Study between Intergranular Strains and Magnetic
Properties of Mild Steel", R. Hutanu, L. Clapham and R. Rogge, in the Proceedings of 16th Annual World Conference
on Non-destructive Testing, Montreal, August 2004.
- "Magnetic Flux Leakage Investigation of Interacting Defects:
Competitive Effects of Stress Concentration and Magnetic Shielding", C. Mandache, L. Clapham, in the Proceedings
of the 16th annual World Conference on Non-destructive Testing, Montreal, August 2004.
- "Mechanical Damage and Magnetic Flux Leakage", L. Clapham,
V. Babbar and J. Bryne, in the Proceedings of the 16th annual World Conference on Non-destructive Testing, Montreal,
- "Detection of Mechanical Damage using the Magnetic Flux Leakage
Technique", L. Clapham, V. Babbar, T. Rahim, and D.L. Atherton, in the Proceedings of the 2002 International
Pipeline Conference, October 2002, Calgary, Canada.
- L. Clapham and D.L. Atherton, "Stress Effects on MFL Signals",
in Proceedings of CORROSION 2002, April 7-12, 2002, Denver Colorado.
Updated March 2009